What do I do if a pipe bursts?
  • Shut off the water at the main valve. Call the Department of Water and Sewerage emergency line at 318-673-7600.
  • If the break is in a hot water pipe, the valve on top of the water heater should be closed.
  • Call a plumber. Keep an emergency number nearby for quick access.

Show All Answers

1. How can I prevent my pipes from freezing?
2. How do I monitor freezing pipe conditions?
3. What can I do if my pipe freezes?
4. What do I do if a pipe bursts?